Liability Insurance for Canadians
CANADA – Access to Insurance for Massage, Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, Qigong and Personal Training – individuals and studios
NAMASTA members in Canada (excluding those residing in Newfoundland, NWT, PEI and Quebec) can access a specialized liability insurance program for many areas of complementary health care – all under one policy.
Some of the major modalities included on this liability insurance policy are:
- Crystal Healing
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Tai Chi
- Muscle Therapy (Muscle Activation Techniques – MAT™)
- Healing Touch
- Deep Tissue
- Personal Training
- Nutritional Consulting
- Energy Work
- Therapeutic Touch
- Polarity Therapy
- Colour Therapy
- Ageless Grace®
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (ETF)
- Hot Stone Massage
- Yoga Therapy
- Qigong / Medical Qigong
- Thai Yoga Massage
- Sound Therapy
* For esthetics and for other modalities not listed here, further information is required for review and approval.
** Coverage for shiatsu requires an extra premium.
The policy liability limits are:
- Professional liability: CAD $2 million
- General liability limit: CAD $2 million
- Legal Expense for abuse: CAD $25,000
- Tenants legal liability: CAD $250,000
The annual premium for the policy is CAD $175, plus a CAD $25 policy fee (add provincial tax in the provinces of Manitoba and Ontario). This is an occurrence based policy. Higher limits are also available.
(Studio policies in Canada may be obtained separately. Please contact us for more details.)
If you absolutely need your NAMASTA membership and policy to be activated instantly, please call us toll-free at 1-877-NAMASTA (1-877-626-2782). We will register your membership immediately and help you fast-track your application with the insurer.